open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
- (Added by: Administrator)

Glitch in Read counter
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Web Site Feedback -> Comments & SuggestionsMessage format

chickentrain
Posted 2013-05-14 11:52 AM (#5051)
Subject: Glitch in Read counter

Steps required to reproduce glitch:
1) Navigate to a book's page, fill out the form details, do not check the Add to My Favorites List checkbox, click submit.
2) Go back to the book's page later, check the Add to My Favorites List checkbox, click submit.
3) Notice the read counter went up again.

My Scenario:
I added Redwall to the list of books I've read, gave it a rating, selected three subgenres, wrote a review, and clicked submit. Later, after adding a few more books to my profile, I decided I wanted to add Redwall to My Favorite Fantasy Books list, so I went back into Redwall, checked the appropriate checkbox (Add to My Favorites List), and clicked submit. I noticed the Read counter for the book went from 20 to 21, and the ratings counter stayed at 7. So, the ratings aren't getting screwed up, fortunately, but the Read counter is.

Is there another way to add a book to my favorites list after I've already submitted, or is that checkbox the only way? I'd like to avoid screwing up the Read counter in the future. Thanks for your assistance!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
chickentrain
Posted 2013-05-14 11:55 AM (#5052 - in reply to #5051)
Subject: RE: Glitch in Read counter

I just realized I probably could have added the book to my favorites list simply by checking the checkbox. I didn't need to submit again. Yes?
whargoul
Posted 2013-05-14 12:06 PM (#5053 - in reply to #5051)
Subject: Re: Glitch in Read counter

Admin

Hey, thanks for the heads up!

I took a look in the database and what actually you saw was the result of another member coming in between your updates and also marking it as read but not rating it, so the data's still correct (yay us). Regarding the favorites checkbox, unfortunately you do still have to click the submit button at this time. We hope to change that one day, but sometimes the changes can be slow going (but they are going).
chickentrain
Posted 2013-05-14 12:22 PM (#5054 - in reply to #5053)
Subject: Re: Glitch in Read counter

Oh, excellent. Haha!

I knew it was possible someone else could have Read it in the meantime, but I figured it was highly unlikely. I'm glad that there isn't a glitch. I do not mind re-submitting one bit, and I generally assume checkboxes don't work upon their value changing. All is well. Carry on!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)