open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "There is no such thing as luck. There is only adequate or inadequate preparation to cope with a statistical universe." - Robert A. Heinlein
- (Added by: Administrator)

Sugestion to BookTrackr
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Web Site Feedback -> Comments & SuggestionsMessage format

jamersontiossi
Posted 2013-12-16 3:27 PM (#5845)
Subject: Sugestion to BookTrackr

Readers from other countries are readers of sci-fi and sword and sorcery works listed here.
It would be interesting to add an option in BookTrackr: () I read this book in a translation to my country / () I have this book in a translation of my country.
Despite some books in the original language, more than 99.99% of my books are translations into Portuguese of Brazil and of relevance to think that what was read is not the original work.
What do you think?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Administrator
Posted 2014-01-15 9:43 AM (#6093 - in reply to #5845)
Subject: RE: Sugestion to BookTrackr

Admin

Sorry it took me so long to reply to your post!

It's and interesting idea but not one that will be near the top of our priority list I'm afraid.  I'm interested in doing something with the translation idea for sure.  Thanks for posting!

There is a new RYO reading challenge that looks tailor made for you.  Check out In Translation

jamersontiossi
Posted 2014-01-16 1:33 PM (#6121 - in reply to #5845)
Subject: Re: Sugestion to BookTrackr

Ok I'm guessing that in your schedule an opportunity arises (and interest) to implement the change
risbom
Posted 2014-01-17 3:01 AM (#6130 - in reply to #5845)
Subject: Re: Sugestion to BookTrackr

Regular

I'm second to this idea. It could be as simple as checkbox with original/translated values similar to already existing I own this novel checkbox or something more complex with original (English as default value) and translated languages combo boxes, and checkboxes showing if translation to some language exist (maybe good reason to introduce native and second language to user profile?). For me, first option should be quite enough. It would be very nice to have feature, although we can live without it. Alternative to it could be a user tagging system.
And I have to say, RYO is really great and fantastic, except I cant decide which chalange to choose.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)