High Fantasy Reading Challenge 2016
In the time when the oceans drank Atlantis, and the time of the daughters and sons of Tolkien, great and heroic deeds were dared by brave souls willing to risk life and limb. They faced the greatest of perils; dragons, magic, saddlesores, politics and war. They fought for Crowns, Gods, or their own profit or survival; all became legends. Thus the tales of the Great Bards come down to us and thus we take up the torch of High Fantasy!
Verily, the rules:
* Read up to twelve books of High Fantasy, Mythic Fiction, or Heroic Fantasy between June of 2016 and May of 2017. Use your discretion (A Song of Ice and Fire, for instance, has been entered as everything from Low Fantasy to High Fantasy. I'm reading it for the challenge so obviously I consider it applicable.)
* Sword and Sorcery may also apply; again use your discretion.
* Fantasy only; no science fiction (and therefore, as much as it looks like fantasy, the Dragonriders of Pern do not count.)
* Science fantasy might be allowable as long as it is more fantasy than sci-fi (so Star Wars before the midichlorians nonsense might be acceptable but Star Trek is out).
* Video game and RPG tie ins are perfectly fine as long as the "feel" of the story is of High Fantasy (so Forgotten Realms and Dragonlance yes; Dark Sun and Eberron no.)
* Romance and sex are perfectly fine, but if they're the focus of the plot, it's out (so I'm nixing anything that looks at all like Paranormal Romance and the Gor novels).
* No re-reads.
* In the spirit of the great bards of the past, try to do as many reviews as possible.
Sally forth! Remember, all men must die!
Note: You must be a logged in member of WWEnd to join this challenge. Join WWEnd