Simon & Schuster started in the 1920's as a publisher of crossword puzzles! Richard Simon and Max Schuster founded the publishing giant in 1924, and grew the company rapidly through innovative advertising and marketing (such as publishing paperbacks through its Pocket Books imprint). Today Simon & Schuster is a division of the media giant Viacom Entertainment Group, and supports such award-winning SF/F authors as Larry Niven and Gene Wolfe.
Simon & Schuster does not accept simultaneous submissions; please submit through a literary agent.
Works in the WWEnd Database
• Alfred van Vogt
• Holly Riggenbach
• Jonathan Maberry
• Freda Warrington
• Michelle Hodkin
• Kenneth Oppel
• Alfred Bester
• Gene Wolfe
• Gregory Benford
• Suzy Charnas
• Jerry Pournelle
• John Williamson
• James Gunn
• Scott Westerfeld
• Ray Bradbury
• Melissa Brite
• Eugene Byrne
• Robert Bloch
• Clifford Simak
• Roger Zelazny
• Laurence Niven
• Elizabeth Moon
• George Martin
• Harlan Ellison
• Jules Verne
• John Campbell
• Judith Grossman
• Molly Gloss
• C. Kornbluth
• Jack Finney
• Ellen Datlow
• Terri Windling
• Damon Knight
• Jed Mercurio
• John Powys
• Carl Sagan
No images currently exist for this publisher. Be the first to add one.
Submit an Image
No links currently exist for this publisher. Be the first to add one.
Submit a Link
Simon & Schuster in Blogs
- Simon & Schuster expected to announce book deal with Patton '77 ...
The publisher Simon & Schuster is expected to announce next week that it has contracted a book deal with Susan Patton '77.The book deal comes ...
- Mini-interview: Simon & Schuster Children's publisher and editor ...
Illustrated tips, info, comics, book reviews, interviews for kidlit/YA writers & illustrators by Debbie Ridpath Ohi, illustrator of I'M BORED by Michael Ian Black, Simon & Schuster/2012.
- Publishers Lunch Job Board: Senior Publicity Manager - Simon and ...
Position: Senior Publicity Manager - Simon and Schuster (Full Time) | Offered by: Simon & Schuster (New York, NY) | posted: June 25, 2013.
- Simon & Schuster Launches Library Ebook Pilot | American ...
The last holdout from the major trade publishers, Simon & Schuster, this morning announced the start of an ebook pilot (PDF file) with New York City public libraries. The program, which launches April 30, will make all ?frontlist and backlist titles ...
- Algonquin Hotel Opens the Simon & Schuster Suite - GalleyCat
Algonquin Hotel Opens the Simon & Schuster Suite.
- Writing & Illustrating A Picture Book For Simon & Schuster Children's ...
Official title for the first picture book that I'm writing AND illustrating: WHERE ARE MY BOOKS?, coming out from Simon & Schuster Books For Young Readers in Spring/2015. I just finished illustrations for NAKED!, a new ...
- Simon & Schuster's Carolyn Reidy: Keys to The Future of Publishing ...
News from The NYU-SCPS Center for Publishing Digital & Print Media.
- Simon & Schuster Versus Barnes & Noble, Deborah Moggach's ...
Italian scholars believe the oldest Torah scroll in existence has been discovered; Boris Kachka reports from BookExpo America; Kristopher Jansma takes the pulse of independent bookstores; and other news.
- Simon & Schuster and Folger Shakespeare Library Team With ...
Simon & Schuster and Folger Shakespeare Library announced today that they are working with Luminary Digital Media to create an interactive app using the renowned Folger Editions, the leading Shakespeare texts used in ...
- JIAM Interview: Sarah Lieberman with Simon & Schuster
Sarah Lieberman, a graduate of Bryn Mawr College and Director of Marketing for Simon & Schuster Audio, is here today to share her insights on audiobooks and She began her career in the audiobook industry in May of 2000 ...
- Disgraced New Yorker writer sells book to Simon & Schuster - Boing ...
From the New York Times: ?Jonah Lehrer is an unusually talented writer,? Jonathan Karp, the publisher of Simon & Schuster, said in an e-mail Thursday night. ?We believe in second chances.? I hope it will be as good as The ...
- With E-Book Lending, Simon & Schuster Takes It Slow | MIT ...
Looking before you leap: a strategy that it might not hurt more publishers to adopt.
- Simon & Schuster announce new ebook lending program for libraries
Simon and Schuster, launched long ago in 1924 on the back of the very first, and bestselling, crossword puzzle book, is the newest in a line of publishers who've recently announced pilot ebook lending programs for libraries.
- Hillary Rodham Clinton Signs a New Book Deal With Simon ...
Hillary Rodham Clinton signed a deal with Simon & Schuster, the publisher of Ms, Clinton's three previous books, for a memoir which will focus on ?key decisions and experiences from her time as Secretary of State.? The book ...
- Cary Goldstein Joins Simon & Schuster as Executive Director of ...
Cary Goldstein Joins Simon & Schuster as Executive Director of Publicity and Senior Editor.